Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Lucy WARNER - A true story of parental separation and a lost childhood

Lucy WARNER contacted Real Fathers 4 Justice UK to offer her support to their campaign after years of alienation by her mum. After her mother passed away Lucy was eventually reconciled with her father, however they cannot replace the precious years that have been lost forever.

It is a touching story and again puts a personal face on the fallout from PAS.

Below is a brief excerpt of the intro, but to read the whole story you must go to the Real Fathers 4 Justice UK Blog.

www.realfathersforjustice.org

26 January 2010: A true story of parental separation and a lost childhood


From as far back as I can remember, family meant the world to me. I had an older half brother (from my mother), a twin sister, a baby brother and the two most important people in my world, my mum and dad.

I was as normal as any excitable little girl. As I grew up I realized not all mums and dads lived together. I was lucky mine did, not that it seemed to make much difference to my friends because many saw both parents despite being separated or divorced.

When I turned 12 my life changed, not because I was suddenly a teenager but because my mother had been diagnosed with terminal breast cancer.

Harsh as the situation was we tried to push through as a family.

Six months later my father left the family home.

He later said, “It was one of the worst times to leave”.

continued...

No comments: